Typical Mechanical Properties in Cold Drawn Conditions
** Typical Machanical Properties to be used as a guide only
Product Features and Applications
- This very popular grade of low carbon-manganese free cutting steel is widely used for the manufacture of components requiring an excellent surface finish with high production rates.
- Limited welding and forming capabilities due to high sulphur content.
- Will electroplate but not suitable for hot dip galvanising.
- Can be carburised to produce components with enhanced wear resistance.
- Most suitable for the manufacture of repetition turned components, e.g. bolts, hydraulic fittings and studs, particularly where intricate drilling and machining operations are involved.