Typical Mechanical Properties in Cold Drawn Conditions
** Typical Machanical Properties to be used as a guide only
Product Features and Applications
- SAE 1018 has a good balance of strength, ductility, toughness and excellent welding capabilities.
- It is suitably used in applications that do not need high strength and high carbon.
- It provides high surface hardness and a soft core to improve drilling, machining, threading and punching processes. Also, to prevent cracking in severe bends.
- Not suitable for through hardening, flame or induction hardening due to relatively low carbon content.
- Widely used for bolts, studs, connecting rods, motor shafts, pump shafts, pins, machinery parts, industrial chains, grounding rods, etc.
- When carburised, suitable applications include light duty gears, camshafts, spindles and ratchets.